Technology of Project Management Office organization
Role and place of the Project Office in the company and how to establish it
This course is carried out in the corporate format only. Often our customers choose it when they need to make their system of project management more mature. The result of this course shall be the Project of establishing or optimization of a Project Office in the company. The technology course has three key components. The first component – we offer a tested technology of establishment and tell how it works. Second – participants develop their project and develop their new skills. And third one – consultations on specific projects and a ‘helicopter view’ on the situation.
Ñòàðòîâàëà ðåôåðàëüíàÿ ïðîãðàììà êîìïàíèè «Ñïàéäåð Óêðàèíà»! Äåòàëè ïðîãðàììû
Consultant and personal experience sharing:
Director, Project Management Consultant
|Level:||Practical training on organizational development|
|Duration:||2 days (16 academic hours)|
|Format:||Only in corporate format|
What and what for?
Applying technologies of organization of the Project Office in the company: practical skills of defining the structure and place of PMO in the organizational structure of the company, and the result of this case study will be an elaborated charter of the project of PMO establishment.
Who may be interested:
- Project Portfolio Managers,
- PMO officers,
- Heads of strategic project management offices,
- Project sponsors.
Basic sections of the workshop:
- Corporate system of project management (CSPM): goals, components, concept of establishing, algorithm of implementation.
- Project Management Office (PMO): types, phases of development, functions, algorithm of launching and development to the new level. Key factors of successful functioning.
- Project portfolioand business strategy. What is optimum project portfolio and how to build it. Business strategy and separation of a portfolio of strategic projects.
- Strategic Project portfolio and Management Committee. Typical problems of strategic projects implementation, ways of resolution. Interrelations of strategic projects with other projects — What to do? Setting priorities within the strategic project portfolio. Planning, control, reporting — protocols, forms, templates. The composition and principles of operation of the Management Committee.
Useful tools that can be used in work the very next day:
- Check-list. Defining what is the ‘project’ in the organization. What characteristics (features) shall be taken into account at defining a project activity ‘as is’ and ‘as should be’. Identification of roles within projects of the organization ‘as is’ and ‘as should be’.
- Check-list. Defining the structure and place of the Project Management Office in the organizational structure of the company. Defining fields of work of PMO during the first phase of establishment. Separation of groups of projects (program) that will fall under the limits of the PMO’ s responsibilities at the initial phase.
- Charter of the pilot project. Defining objectives and tasks of the project, expected result of the project, the project framework and limitations.
- Charter of the project of establishing the PMO. Analysis of risks that will be minimized after organization of the PMO.
Forms and formats of studies and new skills development:
- Theory with the consultant’s comments;
- Practical tasks for skills development based on one’s own projects;
- Presentation of results of one’s own project preparation;
- Questions – answers regarding projects;
- New tools templates for further implementation in work.