What functional managers need to manage projects
How to create a favorable ambience for successful project implementation at the middle management level
This course is carried out in the corporate format only. This workshop is irreplaceable for companies that:
- Face problems of prioritization of resources for the project and operating activity (functional managers give their tasks higher priority than to project ones)
- Did not define criteria of project results between departments (‘we did the job and you don’t like it’)
- Don’t have formalized procedures of interactions between stakeholders (every manager manages in his own way)
Consultant and personal experience sharing:
|Level:||Practical training on organizational development|
|Duration:||2 days (16 academic hours)|
|Format:||Only in corporate format|
What and what for?
Resolving problems at the crossroads of project and operating activities from the point of view of priorities and resources.
Who may be interested:
- All the companies, where employees from different departments take part in projects.
- Project Managers,
- Heads of functional units.
Basic sections of the workshop:
- Innovations in the company – role, place, organization of management benefits and advantages portfolio of innovations:
- Basic terms.
- Organizational structure of project management. Project stakeholders
- Roles of key players at project management.
- Project life cycle.
- Basic processes of project management
- Project office.
- Advantages of using project management principles.
- Summarizing results of the case study.
Useful tools in work available for use the very next day:
- Setting goals and defining project results for the company.
- Defining results for each phase of the project. Appointment of the person responsible for achieving results at each phase of the project.
- Developing a WBS of a strategic project.
- Developing protocol of interaction between key stakeholders at planning and control over project implementation.
Forms and formats of studies and new skills development:
- Theory with the consultant’s comments;
- Practical tasks for skills development based on one’s own projects;
- Presentation of results of one’s own project preparation;
- Questions – answers regarding projects;
- New tools templates for further implementation in work