Project planning: step-by-step guide for PMs
How to initiate and plan projects efficiently
Workshop-technology is a new format of training events, where trainees get a step-by-step guide what to do at each phase of project planning and implementation. After this workshop you can easily start the most complex project, identify the required resources, envisage all the hidden problems and achieve the maximum results possible. Project planning at each phase has a certain sequence of steps (actions). After the course, all you will need is to:
- Know this steps and their sequence,
- Choose for your project only those actions which are necessary and sufficient for your project,
- Apply will power and persistence in implementation the chosen processes and making necessary actions.
Consultant and personal experience sharing:
|Duration:||2 days (16 academic hours)|
What and what for?
Step-by-step technology of project planning. A true Project Manager shall plan efficiently every phase and sub-phase of the project, as it directly influences success of the project and project manager.
Who may be interested:
- Project Managers,
- Project Portfolio Managers
- Project analysts.
Basic sections of the workshop:
- Fundamental concepts of project management
- Project initiation. High- level planning
- Project planning. Step by step
- Project planning at the phase of project implementation
Useful tools that can be used in work the very next day:
- Guide. Defining problems (possibilities). Planning alternative solutions for problems (using opportunities). Project as a tool for resolving problems. Defining a project objective.
- Guide. Defining goals and key factors of success for stakeholders. Defining expected results of the project, restrictions and assumptions.
- Template and practice. WBS development depending on the type of project lifecycle. Formation of organizational structure of project management.
- Template. Enlarged timetable and budget of the project.
- Risk map. Identification and assessment of project risks, quality analysis, response planning. Including response plans into schedule and budget of the project.
Forms and formats of studies and new skills development:
- Theory with the consultant’s comments;
- Practical tasks for skills development based on one’s own projects;
- Presentation of results of one’s own project preparation;
- Questions – answers regarding projects;
- New tools templates for further implementation in work.