Technology of rescuing and successful implementation of troubled projects
How to assess, recue, stabilize and implement successfully a troubled project and get your bonuses
All companies face troubled projects. To rescue a project quickly one needs a correct critical focus, precise localized actions and quick response to the changing situation and sponsor objectives. Skills of implementing a ‘rescue program’ for the current project in accordance with goals of the Project Sponsor are required. After this workshop you will return to your work with ‘helicopter view’ in troubled areas, resolution technologies, project rescuing and successful implementation you obtained at this case study. The workshop will be useful for experienced Project Managers who need an emotional impulse.
Consultant and personal experience sharing:
|Level:||Program of professional development|
|Duration:||2 days (16 academic hours)|
What and what for?
Clear and practical technology of rescuing and successful implementation of troubled projects plus criteria of projects in a near-crisis condition.
Who may be interested:
- Project Managers,
- Project Portfolio Managers,
- PMO officers,
- Project Sponsors,
- Strategic Project Managers.
Basic sections of the case study:
- Prerequisites of turning a project into troubled one: traditional and non-traditional project – characteristics and specific features of management, defining success of the project – new look, management of relationships with key stakeholders.
- Problem and crisis project: basic concepts, root causes of project failure. Definition of failure. Early signs of crisis.
- Lifecycle rescuing: Choice of Rescuing Project Manager. Assessment of project objectives. Assessment of status of project implementation. Project recovery
Useful tools that can be used in work the very next day:
- Practical constructor or how to achieve 3-5 primary objectives and results of the project. (Pre-initiationof the project)
- Decision on the project recovery. Setting objectives of the project and key factors of success for stakeholders
- Check-list for project restart.
- Defining lifecycle of the project (Phases), decision-making points, points of getting results and criteria of transition to the following phase (Gates).
- Define the protocol of liaison betweenresponsible persons of the project.
Forms and formats of studies and new skills development:
- Theory with the consultant’s comments;
- Practical tasks for skills development based on one’s own projects;
- Presentation of results of one’s own project preparation;
- Questions – answers regarding projects;
- New tools for further implementation in work;
- Cinemalogy: in life as in a movie.