How to turn risks to opportunities, and opportunities to brilliant results
Anna have implemented multiple projects in the conditions of several unknowns. According to her, the most complicated project as regards risks is where the results recipient is the Ukrainian state company, the customer is a large international structure with own procedures of approval and decision making, and the sponsor – an international consulting company. Within the time of working on the project the team used new and efficient tools, because under these circumstances traditional tools didn’t work. At the workshop Anna will convey to students the most important things: real life methods that work.
Consultant and personal experience sharing:
|Duration:||1 day (8 academic hours)|
What and what for?
A proactive approach to risks: how to identify threats and turn them to opportunities; how to manage projects as to achieve maximum business results.
Who may be interested:
- Project Managers,
- Project Portfolio Managers,
- PMO officers,
- Project sponsors.
Basic sections of the workshop:
- Using the practical, eight-step process of management of project and portfolios risks.
- Identification: Key stakeholders and benefits of the project.
- Risks identification – new look from the point of view of:
- Defining the success of the project;
- Benefits of the project;
- Objectives and unofficial expectations of stakeholders;
- Measurements of the project;
- Links between projects;
- Required competences of the project team;
- Required competences of the Customer and Project Sponsor;
- Processes of decision making.
- Application of control technique and multiple risks management.
- Application of risks response strategies.
- Application of key communication techniques of managing relationships with top managers and project customers for realization of successful strategies of response to risks.
Useful tools that can be used in work the very next day:
- Check-list of the project soundness.
- 8 steps to becoming Risk- Super -Hero.
- Risk map.
- Map of risk response strategies.
Forms and formats of studies and new skills development:
- Theory with the consultant’s comments;
- Practical tasks for skills development based on one’s own projects;
- Presentation of results of one’s own project preparation;
- Questions – answers regarding projects;
- New tools templates for further implementation in work